16-6a-1601. Corporate records.
(1) A nonprofit corporation shall keep as permanent records:
(a) minutes of all meetings of its members and board of directors;
(b) a record of all actions taken by the members or board of directors without a meeting;
(c) a record of all actions taken by a committee of the board of directors in place of the board of directors on behalf of the nonprofit corporation; and
(d) a record of all waivers of notices of meetings of members and of the board of directors or any committee of the board of directors.
(2) A nonprofit corporation shall maintain appropriate accounting records.
(3) A nonprofit corporation or its agent shall maintain a
record of its members in a form that permits preparation of a list of the name
and address of all members:
(a) in alphabetical order, by class; and
(b) showing the number of votes each member is entitled to vote.
(4) A nonprofit corporation shall maintain its records in written form or in another form capable of conversion into written form within a reasonable time.
(5) A nonprofit corporation shall keep a copy of each of the
following records at its principal office:
(a) its articles of incorporation;
(b) its bylaws;
(c) resolutions adopted by its board of directors relating to the characteristics, qualifications, rights, limitations, and obligations of members or any class or category of members;
(d) the minutes of all members' meetings for a period of three years;
(e) records of all action taken by members without a meeting, for a period of three years;
(f) all written communications to members generally as members for a period of three years;
(g) a list of the names and business or home addresses of its current directors and officers;
(h) a copy of its most recent annual report delivered to the division under Section 16-6a-1607; and
(i) all financial statements prepared for periods ending during the last three years that a member could have requested under Section 16-6a-1606.
Enacted by Chapter 300, 2000 General Session